75 HOUR NEW YORK STATE SALESPERSON QUALIFYING COURSE
NYDOS is increasing the hours from 75 to 77 in the near future, we will continue to keep you updated with more details as they become available.
Taking the 75 hour Salesperson Qualifying Course is the first step toward obtaining a New York State Real Estate Salesperson License.
We offer the 75 Hour Salesperson Qualifying Course online through our partnership with The CE Shop and Mbition
VIRTUAL ONLINE OPTION
The Syracuse Association of Realtors offers a Virtual Classroom Salesperson Qualifying Course via zoom.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
LIVE CLASSROOM OPTION
UPState Training in Johnson City, NY offers a Classroom Course periodically. You can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
HOW TO BECOME A NYS LICENSED REAL ESTATE SALESPERSON
NYS Requirements for Licensing as a Real Estate Salesperson are:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a United States Citizen or be a legal, permanent resident
- Have no felony convictions (contact NY Department of State for clarification)
- You must successfully complete the 75 hour Salesperson Qualifying Course within 8 years of date of application for licensure
- You must successfully pass the NY Department of State Licensing Exam (register through eAccess $15)
- You must have a sponsoring New York State Broker in order to apply for a license
- Apply for a Salesperson License ($50 for two years)
Note-Applicants are responsible for determining eligibility for State Licensure – for more information visit the Department of State Website
Once you are a licensed real estate salesperson you may wish to join a Realtor® Association
For more information about Realtor® membership and an application for membership at the Elmira-Corning Assoc. of REALTORS® see Association Information/Become a Member this website.
HOW TO BECOME A REALTOR® AND MLS MEMBER
- Your broker must be a member of the Realtor® Association
- Apply for membership at a Realtor Association (application fee ECRAR $200)
- Once you are a member of a local Realtor® Association/MLS this automatically makes you a member of the State Realtor Association and National Association of Realtors®
- Local/MLS/State/National Dues must be paid to remain a member (ECRAR yearly dues are roughly $1300 which includes: Local, MLS, State, and National dues).