77 HOUR NEW YORK STATE SALESPERSON QUALIFYING COURSE
Taking the 77 hour Salesperson Qualifying Course is the first step toward obtaining a New York State Real Estate Salesperson License.
- We offer the 77 Hour Salesperson Qualifying Course through our online partner.
CLICK HERE for more information.
- The Syracuse Association of Realtors offers a Virtual Classroom Salesperson Qualifying Course via Zoom.
CLICK HERE for more information
LIVE CLASSROOM OPTIONS
- The Greater Rochester Association of Realtors offers an in-person course. CLICK HERE for more information.
- UPState Training in Johnson City, NY offers a Classroom Course periodically. You can email them at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. UPState Training also offers review courses for agents taking an online Salesperson Course.
HOW TO BECOME A NYS LICENSED REAL ESTATE SALESPERSON
NYS Requirements for Licensing as a Real Estate Salesperson are:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a current NYS Photo Driver's licnese or a non-drive ID card
- Have successfully completed a Department of State approved 77 hour Salesperson Qualifying Course (prices vary) and passed the end of the course exam
- You must successfully pass the NY Department of State Licensing Exam (register through eAccess $15)
- You must have a sponsoring New York State Broker in order to apply for a license
- Submit a completed application and required fee ($65) to the New York Department of State
Note-Applicants are responsible for determining eligibility for State Licensure – for more information visit the Department of State Website
Once you are a licensed real estate salesperson you may wish to join a Realtor® Association. For more information about becoming a REALTOR® and an application for membership at the Elmira-Corning Association of REALTORS® see Association Information/Become a member on this website.
HOW TO BECOME A REALTOR® AND MLS MEMBER
- Your broker must be a member of the Realtor® Association
- Apply for membership at a Realtor Association (application fee ECRAR $200)
- Once you are a member of a local Realtor® Association/MLS this automatically makes you a member of the State Realtor Association and National Association of Realtors®
- Local/MLS/State/National Dues must be paid to remain a member (ECRAR yearly dues are roughly $1300 which includes: Local, MLS, State, and National dues).